DRUG AWARENESS PHOTO CONTEST
In a world where the power of images speaks louder than words, we invite you to join the movement, where your lens becomes a tool to capture the essence of a drug-free society. Through the lens of a camera, Lifelens invites you to shine a light on the dark realities of drug abuse. Welcome to FOCUS LIFE Drug Awareness Photography Contest. Join us as we strive to raise awareness, foster compassion, and inspire change through the power of photography. Together, we can make a lasting impact.
Every photograph tells a story, revealing emotions, struggles, and triumphs. Now, it’s your turn to unleash your creativity and bring attention to the devastating effects of drug abuse.”
This contest aims to provide a platform for photographers to express their vision and contribute to the fight against drug abuse. Through your lens, show us the stories of courage, hope, and resilience that inspire us to make a change. Take a stand and make a difference.
- Focus Life Drug Awareness Photo Contest is organized in connection with the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking observed on 26th of June.
- This contest is designed for students who are interested in photography.
- The age limit for the contestants is between 17 and 25 years.
- Contestants have to register to participate in this contest and submit their photos with a caption before the 12th of July 2023.
- Registration can be done online or offline. People who register online must keep their payment transaction ID for future reference.
- Interested individuals can contact the campaign office to become a volunteer in this worthy cause
- The registration fee for the photography contest is Rs. 100/- per entry. One person can make more than one entry by paying registration fee for each entry. In such case they have to distinguish their entries with aliases for their name. Eg. Name1, Name 2 etc.
- Contestants who register offline should keep the registration card. It is mandatory to submit the registration card in the event of being selected for the prize.
Rules and Regulations
- The decision of the panel of judges would be final and cannot be questioned or petitioned by the contestant or anyone authorized by him/her.
- The photos must focus on the theme of “Awareness against drug abuse and illicit trafficking” For more details and to understand this year’s theme selected by the united nations, visit the webpage https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/drugs/index-new.html
- All photographs must be original and taken by the participant. If the photo is identified to be taken from any other source including the free internet stock images or paid images would be rejected by the judge’s panel. Photos selected for the various prizes would undergo this test of authenticity and originality
- Incase you are submitting the photo online, the images should be in JPEG or PNG format and must be at least 300 dpi.
- You could submit the photo as a printout and submit it through one of the contest volunteers from your college.
- Inappropriate or offensive content will not be accepted.
- By submitting your entry, you grant permission for your photograph to be used for promotional purposes related to the contest.
- There are several prizes arranged for the selected photographs from the pool of entries. There is a bumper prize of Rs. 5000 to the best photo selected from among all entries throughout Mysore. A runner up prize of Rs.3000 assigned to the second best photo selected.
- There are 1st and 2nd prizes arranged for best photos selected from among entries from each college/organization that conduct this contest.
- Additional points will be awarded for suitable captions given to the photos.
- Popularity points will be considered for photos getting maximum likes in the Lifelense contest page in facebook. https://www.facebook.com/focuslifemysuru. This criterion will be applied when there is a close tie for points for the first and second positions